The first day of fall is Saturday, September 22nd.
Ahhh, September. Good to see you again. We can't wait for football games, the colorful leaves, the crisp cool air, festive fall decor, and of course the changing of the seasons from summer to fall. What are you most excited for this month?
This month we will start to see "Pumpkin Spice" everything absolutely everywhere. Why not let your dog partake in the seasonal fun? Surprise your dog by making some of these deliciously easy homemade treats! We guarantee his tag will be wagging with delight.
Pumpkin Apple Dog Treats
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 small finely chopped or grated apples (could probably do 1 large/medium)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Mix together flour and cornmeal.
- Add apples, egg, pumpkin, brown sugar and water..
- Flour your work surface and roll out dough.
- Cut your cookies and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Turn off oven and leave cookies in the oven for another 35-45 minutes to let them crisp.
- Store in airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of Pumpkin Insta
For more fall-inspired DIY dog recipes, check out our Pinterest! After all, fall is just around the corner :)